Thursday, February 2, 2012

Importance

Yesterday, I almost lost someone who has been one of my best friends since middle school....and her husband, who is my husband's best friend...and their son...
Except for the grace/intervention of God, they should be dead from carbon monoxide poisoning.... That morning, I was laying in bed thinking, I have to call Deb...just to tell her I miss her and catch up with what is happening in their lives.
Then I find out the details of how close the three of them came to meeting their Lord and Savior. All I could think of is, I would have never gotten the chance to talk one last time...tell her how important she/they are in our lives....

Something like this awakens us to questions...things to think about:

-----We don't know when our time will be to leave this earthly body.....do you know where you will spend eternity?
Because of their personal relationship with Jesus Christ...I know that "to be absent from the body..is to be present with the Lord" ...they would be rejoicing with Jesus...no doubt. In that...everyone who knew them personally would have peace...

-----What if you never got a chance to say I'm sorry...You are important to me....I love you? Tell those who are important in your life....how important they are every day if possible....don't take it for granted that they know...or that you have plenty of time to say how you feel.... Give people you don't know a kind word and a smile...you may be the last person they come in contact with.....

-----And last....
are you living your life to the fullest? Are you living and walking in the destiny God has created for you? Our Creator put us on this earth for a reason...for such a time as this....First of all, to have a personal relationship with Him...to fellowship with Him...love Him...because He first loved us,loved us so much He died so we can have life. But then to do the work He put us on this earth to do...To show the world His love, compassion, forgiveness....To walk in love, joy peace.... to demonstrate His character...His creativity....To heal the hurting, physically, mentally, emotionally...to be His hands and feet and heart to the world who does not yet know Him.....

I for one, so many times, focus on my short comings, "disabilities"... what I lack...instead of being thankful for the things I do have and allowing Him to use me as I am....because after all..."I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me"...."His strength is made perfect in weakness".

We don't know what our future holds...but we can know The One Who holds our future....

Live each day as though it could be your last.....because one day, it will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment